Character Art Lead
PLAY, GROW and WIN
To be a part of Virtuos means to be a creator and aim at excellence. At Virtuos, we harness the latest technologies to make video games better and more immersive than ever before. That is why we pride ourselves on constantly pushing the boundaries of possibility since our founding in 2004.
Virtuosi are a team of experts – people who have come together to share their mutual passion for producing high-quality games. People who share the same enthusiasm for exploring new ideas and the constant drive to excel in their field. People who believe in earning success through dedication.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead artistic team in the development of AAA Characters and Creatures from concepts using the latest industry tools, from start to finish.
- Define and establish art standards according to clients’ requirements while ensuring all creative materials are consistent.
- Work directly with Producer and Tech to ensure that schedules and plans meet project needs.
- Support Producer in scheduling the project and maintain planning foresight.
- Maintains effective informational flow to the team to ensure the team members are aligned with the project objectives.
- Provide regular review and feedback on teams’ work in a clear and constructive manner.
- Maintain efficient collaboration between the team members and other departments.
- Maintain a close working relationship with producers, leads, and other teams to push project quality.
- Actively participate to the constant improvement of work methods and pipelines.
- Share knowledge and recommend best practices in your area of operation.
- Guide, mentor and develop the team.
- At least 2 years of experience as a Senior Character Artist within a game production studio shipping high-end games.
- Deep understanding of next-gen games.
- Excellent understanding of anatomy, proportion, weight, and silhouette.
- Master in Maya, and knowledge in 3DsMax is a PLUS.
- Expert sculpting skills using Zbrush.
- Excellent use of Substance Painter and Photoshop.
- Expert knowledge of PBR workflows.
- Experience with Marvelous Designer.
- Experience with Photogrammetry.
- Understanding of Rigging and Skinning.
- Military gear & hardware knowledge is a PLUS.
- Strong organizational, teamwork, and communication skills.
- Open-minded in receiving feedback from Teams and Managers
- Critical eyes for detail.
- Experience working in modern game engines such as Unreal or Unity is a PLUS.
- Experience with blend shapes and corrective shapes is a PLUS.
- English communication is a must.