ENVIRONMENT ART DIRECTOR
PLAY, GROW and WIN
To be a part of Virtuos means to be a creator and aim at excellence.
At Virtuos, we harness the latest technologies to make video games better and more immersive than ever before. That is why we pride ourselves on constantly pushing the boundaries of possibility since our founding in 2004.
Virtuosi are a team of experts – people who have come together to share their mutual passion for producing high-quality games. People who share the same enthusiasm in exploring new ideas and the constant drive to excel in their field. People who believe in earning success through dedication.
As a group, Virtuos has become a recognized leader in its field, has been growing faster than its peers in recent years, and is pursuing an aggressive global expansion strategy. To this end, we are seeking an experienced Environment Art Team Leader who can join our team and help pave the way towards our new goals.
What you will do
Glass Egg – A Virtuos Studio is seeking an adventurous Environment Art Director who enjoys the challenges of traveling whilst also doing the work you love, an accomplished artist with management experience to work with a group of young, dynamic, eager to learn artists, engaging with on the biggest client names in the movies and game industry! If this sounds like a fun challenge to you, join us!
Base yourself in this dynamic city and literally go anywhere in Southeast Asia for the weekend.
Roles and responsibilities
- Identify and analyze client’s requirements.
- Supervise 3D art direction and the workflow of multi-projects to ensure reaching Client’s requirement and benchmark.
- Technical expertise to decide which technologies to pursue and which to avoid Establish Art production pipeline in coordination with clients
- Collaborate with the Technical team in defining and streamlining technology solutions and art production pipelines.
- Work closely with Art Lead/ Manager to analyze the job scope of each project.
- Control and approve projects’ estimation.
- Manage a team of 3D Artists to engage in Games Environment projects.
- Define the quality benchmark for Hi-End 3D game outsourcing projects in terms of art.
- Update art teams the latest next gen Hi-End quality orientation for 3D games.
- Maintain awareness of art issues occurred in day-to-day production activities.
- Provide mentoring and proper training to team members to reach to a higher art standard, verbally, in written form or hands-on coaching.
- At least 5 years of leadership experience in the video game industry, managing teams of “creative geniuses” as either a Lead Artist, Senior Artist or Art Team Leader with hands-on technical experience.
- Must have shipped a minimum of 1-2 AAA games.
- Mastery of common industry Software like 3D Studio Max or Maya, Photoshop, Zbrush, Substance Painter, Substance Designer, Marvelous Designer.
- Knowledge of Unreal and Unity is required.
- Strong artistic aptitudes, ability to draw.
- Experience creating and optimizing art pipelines.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, communication, interpersonal, presentation, and mentorship skills.
- Great level of English communication is a must.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING HERE
- Attractive salary & bonus.
- 3 types of Insurance covered by company (based on 100% of Net salary), according to Vietnam Labor Law.
- Opportunity to upgrade your skills and grow with AAA game projects.
- Young & dynamic working environment.
- Flexible working time.
- Company trip, YE party, Xmas,…
- And many more attractive benefits to find out 🙂