Lead Character Artist (Expat only)
Location: Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam
We are seeking a Lead Character Artist who is passionate about creating high quality characters and creatures and is eager to join us in our ambition to reach next-gen quality.
A highly potential candidate for this role is who helps us to build a world-class Character Artist Team, who pushes himself/ herself creatively and learn with every new challenge at one of biggest independent outsourcing studio.
- Create AAA Characters and Creatures from concepts using the latest industry tools, from start to finish.
- Create 3D Models, Textures and In-Game Materials.
- Create clean In-game model’s topology, UVs and Textures.
- Work with Concept Artists/Riggers/Animators to create, design and optimize characters and creatures, both visually and technically.
- Communicate with Art Director, Other Departments, Key Team and Character Artists on a regular basis.
- Collaborate with Producers to organize, schedule, and manage the character art team’s day to day activities.
- Partner with Technical Artists to develop an effective character art pipeline. Ability to creatively troubleshooting technical limitations is a PLUS.
- Providing mentoring and coaching staffs to reach to a higher art standard, verbally, in written form or hands-on coaching.
- Communicate the visual design and development of the characters through art specifications, style guides and reference material, including providing timely feedback.
- Be able to provide estimation basing on requirement from client.
- Providing guidelines/checklist basing on the client’s art specifications.
- Ensure all deadlines are met with required quality and budget.
Skills and competencies:
- At least 3 years of experience as a Lead Character Artist within a game production studio shipping high-end games.
- Excellent understanding of anatomy, proportion, weight and silhouette.
- Strong Maya and/or 3ds Max.
- Expert sculpting skills using Zbrush.
- Excellent use of Substance Painter and Photoshop.
- Expert knowledge of PBR workflows.
- Experience with Marvelous Designer.
- Experience with Photogrammetry.
- Understanding of Rigging and Skinning.
- Military gear & hardware knowledge is a PLUS.
- Strong organizational, teamwork and communication skills.
- Open minded in receiving feedbacks from Teams and Managers
- Critical eyes for detail.
- Experience working in modern game engines such as Unreal or Unity is a PLUS.
- Experience with blend shapes and corrective shapes is a PLUS.
Salary and benefit: negotiable
Step 1: Portfolio and resume review (2-4 weeks).
Step 2: As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work test. (2-4 weeks).
Step 3: Interview with Head of Production, AD, COO and Recruitment team.
Step 4: Interview with CEO, CFO, COO, Head of Production.