CONCEPT ART MANAGER
PLAY, GROW and WIN
To be a part of Virtuos means to be a creator and aim at excellence.
At Virtuos, we harness the latest technologies to make video games better and more immersive than ever before. That is why we pride ourselves on constantly pushing the boundaries of possibility since our founding in 2004.
Virtuosi are a team of experts – people who have come together to share their mutual passion for producing high-quality games. People who share the same enthusiasm in exploring new ideas and the constant drive to excel in their field. People who believe in earning success through dedication.
As a group, Virtuos has become a recognized leader in its field, has been growing faster than its peers in recent years, and is pursuing an aggressive global expansion strategy. To this end, we are seeking an experienced Concept Art Manager who can join our team and help pave the way towards our new goals.
What you will do
As the Concept Art Manager, you’ll collaborate closely with other creative leaders to create and communicate the artistic vision of our products to both internal and external stakeholders. You will be responsible for ensuring that other developers have a clear, concise artistic vision to follow in crafting game levels, environments, props, and characters.
You will be translating style guides and reference material into meaningful direction and tasks to the team then reviewing the submission, providing meaningful feedback and practical guidance to achieve the final result.
You will build, grow, and mentor junior and senior team members.
Who we are looking for: a professional who has:
- Excellent traditional artistic skills with a strong grasp of composition, anatomy, color theory, perspective, lighting, environment, architectural, character, costume and graphic design.
- Proficiency in life drawing as well as a strong imagination and willingness to push the envelope, and to innovate within the parameters of the game’s world.
- Managed Junior and Senior 2D concept artists to engage in Games projects.
- Led the communication with clients about artistic and technical matters.
- Technical expertise to decide which technologies to pursue and which to avoid Establish Art production pipeline in coordination with clients.
- Proven ability to articulate a game project’s art goals and lead the team to meet objectives to fulfil those goals.
- Participated to recruitment and training of new talent.
- A passion for gaming.
- 5+ years of experience creating concept art for AAA and high-profile video games; 2+ years of team leadership/supervisory experience designing.
- Ability to organize and assign tasks to the team as well as manage priorities with a proactive, self-starting and can-do attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English with the ability to foster a positive critique culture.
- Ability to train team members on specific skills and a willingness to learn new skills and techniques including proprietary software.
- Expertise in foundational artistic skills, with expertise in composition, rendering, anatomy, color theory, perspective, lighting, environment, architectural, character, costume design, Industrial design, and graphic design as well as Story Board.
- An expertise in industry standard 2D applications such as Photoshop.
- Good knowledge of 3D software such as Maya or Blender, for game art production.
- A good understanding and proficiency of Photography with an emphasis on composition, depth of field, lighting and color.
Good to have
- Knowledge of ZBrush, Substance designer, Illustrator, world-building software, Unreal Engine.
- Experience in set dressing, brief creation, working with and managing outsourcing relationships.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING HERE
- Attractive salary & bonus.
- 3 types of Insurance covered by company (based on 100% of Net salary), according to Vietnam Labor Law.
- Opportunity to upgrade your skills and grow with AAA game projects.
- Young & dynamic working environment.
- Flexible working time.
- Company trip, YE party, Xmas,…
- And many more attractive benefits to find out 🙂